So here's what's happening...

Believe it or not, I'm actually still sick. Nowhere near as bad as it was, but still sick. Amazing! This is the veracity of the man-flu. But, since I'm no longer on life support (since my wife has strict orders to NEVER pull the plug), I've had to get up and do something.


So, I've been busy editing. That disgusting, vile occupation that comes after the book was written perfectly in the first place. OK, so there were a lot of misspelled words and bad punctuation, but the story was perfect. OK, so I found scenes that didn't make sense and maybe a few needed beefing up, but the entire premise was perfect.
And just because a couple chapters were at least a thousand words short of average, I mean really, what harm does that do? So what that I was able to put an entire sub-story in. It's not like I had to rewrite the entire book.
It was perfect.






Yeah, that says it all. When I write, I have Word open, I have a thesaurus open and I have Bing open for doing some light research. I have a cup of tea on my desk with three cookies. My computer is happy, I'm happy and therefore, the world is happy.
Now that it's time to edit, I have roughly three hundred and forty-two thousand and sixteen tabs open. My computer is belching smoke from the back and sparks from the front. I have an IV set up that pumps 300 CCs of Cuban Espresso directly to my heart every fourteen minutes and I'm eating a sandwich I made last week.
Nobody is happy!

Still, despite all of this tomfoolery, the books are worth it. The stories are good and editing just makes them better. At least it does since I learned how to edit. Every book that is being edited now has already been edited like five times. But that was the other guy that edited them. The new guy is a bit better. More on the ball. Able to make the big decisions.





At least I hope that's what's happening. OK, I need you all to buy Savage World Publishing books and please, let me know if you find any mistakes. If you do, I'll correct them and give you credit in the back of the book. Unless the book starts looking like War & Peace.
Then I'll just re-edit it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Wear or Not to Wear (A Hijab Confession)

The Handmaid's Tale: Episodes vs. Novel – Friday's with Fay #2

A Witcher Review – Fridays with Fay #1